Location: Washington, DC (230 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 7,579
Percent Accepted: 21%
Most Popular Majors: Government, Philosophy, International Relations, International Economics, Diplomatic History
What I Liked:
- The old stone and brick buildings are beautiful.
- The Georgetown neighborhood gives the University a small-town vibe with great restaurants and shopping, while still being located just blocks from the White House.
- The Jesuit influence—theology and philosophy classes are required
- Great school spirit and sports culture (Hoya Saxa!)
What I Didn’t Like:
- The Conservative tinge on campus, and the uniformly preppy vibe.
- Diversity was lacking.
Seems like a great college for… Someone interested in government and politics, an active social life and college sporting events. Someone ready to take their coursework and academics seriously, while still having fun.
Something unexpected was… The Georgetown mascot lives on campus! Students can sign up to walk Jack Jr., the beloved Georgetown bulldog. But apparently, being accepted into the selective Jack Jr. walking society is harder than getting into Georgetown itself.
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email email@example.com for more details.