Location: Washington, DC (230 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 9,527
Percent Accepted: 32%
Most Popular Majors: Media and Public Affairs, Biology, International Business, Political Science, Finance
What I Liked:
- The strong focus on internships—students have so many great connections because of the close proximity to the IMF and the World Bank.
- The housing—even though GW is located in the heart of the city, freshmen and sophomores are guaranteed housing and over 80% of students live on campus. Students have their own bathrooms within their dorm rooms.
- The Mt. Vernon campus (15 minute bus ride away, 24-hour shuttle service). The open, green setting is a break from the urban campus for students.
- The strong ties to DC culture and political happenings.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The modern architecture.
- The constant construction—tour guides will note that campus seems to be constantly improving and under renovation.
- The dining hall and meal plan—the main dining hall is pretty small and does not offer much. Most students eat off campus.
Seems like a great college for… Someone ready to jump into internships and start shaping their career path. Someone involved in politics, and city-savvy students looking for both great culture and academics.
Something unexpected was… there is a 24-hour Starbucks in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood very close to the GW urban campus!
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email email@example.com for more details.