Location: Washington, DC (230 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 7,070
Percent Accepted: 43%
Most Popular Majors: International Studies, Political Science/Government, Pre-Med, Journalism, Business Administration
What I Liked:
- The strong focus on politics. American University students were deemed the most politically active student body by the Princeton Review.
- The campus—it has a nice quad and a lot of space for lounging around.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The info session video—the cheesy, cliché depiction of the University left me suspicious and lacking a real feel for the University.
- The housing – for a suburban campus, the housing wasn’t great. The buildings lack unity and appear disjointed.
- The “dry campus”—no drinking even for students 21 or older.
Seems like a great college for… someone eager to get involved in politics, and foreign government affairs and service. American students seem more than ready to enact change and support local events.
Something unexpected was… George Clooney’s dad, Nick Clooney, taught a film course!
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.