Location: Villanova, Pennsylvania (105 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 6,584
Percent Accepted: 44%
Most Popular Majors: Business/Management/Marketing, Engineering, Health Professions, Social Sciences, and Communications/Journalism
What I Liked:
- the wide array of pre-professional programs and majors offered
- the friendly student body – I met a communications major who told me about her experiences and gave me her contact info in case I had other questions
- on-campus amenities like a free movie theater and a frozen yogurt shop
What I Didn’t Like:
- the large busy street that divides the campus – to get to some dorms and another part of campus students have to cross this mini-highway
- Villanova’s Catholic affiliation, which requires all students to take theology classes
- Dorm rooms and the housing buildings are cold and impersonal. The hallways and dorm rooms are white-painted cinder block and there aren’t many common spaces in the housing buildings.
Seems like a great college for… jocks or sports fans and those interested in studying abroad
Something unexpected was… that fraternities and sororities had no separate housing. Greeks are mixed in with non-Greeks and students display their affiliations with neon frat/sorority letters taped to their windows.
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.