Location: Boston, Massachusetts (224 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 15,905
Percent Accepted: 38%
Most Popular Majors: Business/Management/Marketing, Accounting, Biology, Engineering, Criminal Justice Studies
What I Liked:
- The career-oriented co-op program was really interesting. Before graduating, students will complete several internships or co-ops and will gain experience in the workforce in the field they are most interested in.
- Northeastern offers many outreach opportunities creating a truly rewarding aspect of the University.
- The Northeastern students I came across went out of their way to be friendly
What I Didn’t Like:
- there is not much of a campus
- the buildings are all very modern
- When attending the info session, there was not a traditional presentation of Q & A with university students/an open discussion. Instead we viewed a Powerpoint and iMovie highlighting the University’s assets, and providing an overview in a very polished way. I found this too impersonal.
- Additionally, I got a very “tech-y” vibe. Northeastern is definitely embracing technology – touch-screen walls in the info-session room. I prefer a bit more of a traditional college-tour vibe.
Seems like a great college for… aspiring entrepreneurs. I can see young-business moguls blossoming here. Those looking to jump-start their careers and enter into the job market right after college would fit in at Northeastern.
Something unexpected was… that former vice presidential candidate Michael Dukakis is a professor!
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.