Location: Washington, DC (225 miles from Montclair)
# of Undergrads Attending: 10,184
Percent Accepted: 33%
Most Popular Majors: Business Administration/Management, International Relations and Affairs, Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
What I Liked:
- the extremely urban feel of the campus and its proximity to historical landmarks like the White House
- the political activism of many of the current students
- Washington DC’s political significance
What I Didn’t Like:
- the high cost of attending (tuition, room and board, etc)
- the constant comparisons heard on the campus tour between George Washington and Georgetown – it seems like some consider George Washington to be second rate to Georgetown
- How the university’s two campuses divide the school in half. The campuses are not within walking distance of each other making shuttle buses the easiest way to travel.
Seems like a great college for… city lovers and politically oriented individuals
Something unexpected was… that 91% of undergraduates receive at least one internship during their enrollment at Georgetown.
The Bull welcomes contributions to this series of college reviews by MHS students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.